There are many types of visas are available for South Africa, such as Tourist, Business, and Student etc. obokash.com provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visas.
Visa Procedure (Tourist & Business):
There is no Embassy or Consulate office of South Africa in Dhaka, But Bangladeshi citizens required to apply to The South African Embassy in Colombo. Applications may be submitted in person or by a third party, authorized in writing, to do so. Application forms must be completed (not typed) and signed by the applicant himself/herself. The format of the forms may not be altered. Your passport or valid travel document must be valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit and have at least two unused pages (facing each other) for visa, entry/departure endorsements. Applicants may be required to visit the Consular Section for an interview and/or submit additional documentation to prove the bona fides of the visit over and the basic requirements.
SOUTH AFRICAN HIGH COMMISSION
No.114, Rosmead Place, Colombo 07, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Tel: 009411 2463000
Contact Number: +94 77 363 333
Fax: 009411 2688670
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Consular Hours: Monday - Thursday; 08:30 – 12:30; FRIDAY COLLECTION ONLY (VISA)
Submission of Applications:
(Passport, Notice of Birth, ID and Unabridged Birth Certificates etc.);
Certified Copies; (Client must bring own copies with original)
Collection of Civic Documents: 08:30 – 15:30
Requirements (Tourist & Business):
• Dully filled & signed Application form for Visa (BI-84) (Forms completed in English and black ink).
• Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of the intended visit, with two (2) unused pages (facing each other) with all old passports
• Two recent (not older than 30 days/1 months) passport size, (35mm x 45mm of the picture) photographs with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses.
• Birth certificate / National ID card copy (Smart card – if available).
• Proof of residence (electricity or water bill) from the host(s) in RSA.
• Marriage certificate or divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A death certificate copy requires for widows.
• Vaccination certificate, (yellow fever) if the applicant will travel through or stay in the yellow fever belt. Yellow Fever Policy - http://www.who.int/topics/yellow_fever/en/ and http://www.health.gov.za/
• Payment of the prescribed fee paid in cash, if applicable
• In respect of minor dependent children accompanying the applicant to or joining the applicant in the Republic, be accompanied by
- Proof of consent from one or both parents or legal guardians, as the case may be, in the form of a letter. A letter of consent must legalize by the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department at the country of birth.
- Where applicable, a copy of a court order granting full or specific parental responsibilities and rights in respect of the child. English translation has to be taken to the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department at the country of birth.
- Original and a copy of the unabridged birth certificate. English translation has to be taken to the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department at the country of birth.
• For Non-Bangladeshi Nationalities: Foreigners have to submit the original work permit and proof of residence in Colombo/Bangladesh/Nepal and Maldives. If not in possession of the aforementioned, a visa application has to be submitted in the country of residence of the nearest South African mission
• For Business Person: Trade license (renewal) copy, Business agreement/deed copy (for partnership Business) / Memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, form 12 (For limited company), VAT, IRC, and Membership certificate (If any), 02 Business card.
• Company covers letter (for a Business visit): Signed original letter from the employer in the country of origin confirming employment, position in the company, the reason for travel, duration of visit, and if they are financially responsible for you. Please also indicate other possible visits to South Africa in the next 3 months (90 days).
• For Employee: Signed original letter from the employer in the country of origin reflecting salary, position in the company and leave granted for the period of visit or reason for travel, payslip / original salary statement/government order (GO) & original note verbal (for official passport holders), 02 Visiting card.
• For Student: Student ID copy, original school leave letter/ permission of absence mentioned full address, telephone number, name, and function of the person granting permission. If school trips then the purpose, the duration, and the destination must be mentioned in the letter of the school.
• For Retired Person: Retirement documents.
• Proof of financial means: to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:
o Bank statements (certified copies of the original pages for the last 3 months)
o Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa (mentioned in his/her letter)
o Undertakings by hosts country companies to pay all your expenses
o Travellers' cheque
• Other financial documents such as FDR, saving certificate, share statement (If available).
• Income tax certificate copy (last 3 years), E-TIN certificate copy.
• Valuation of other assets such as land, building (If any).
• Proof of onward air/sea transport ticket or road transport.
• Confirmation of accommodation at a hotel or guesthouse in SA for all dates.
• Confirmation letter of a tour or booked holiday itinerary.
• Travel insurance
• For visiting Family/Friends: If visiting a friend in South Africa, provide a signed invitation letter from the SA hosts. It should include the full name, SA ID number, full address, contact number, email, and certified copies of the host's ID or passport and permit (non-SA). The person must also confirm if he/she is responsible for your accommodation, meals, transport, and if needed, the repatriation costs.
• For Business Visit: Business invitation letter - Letter from the registered company in South Africa that you will visit, duration of visit, the reason for the visit, and/or letter of confirmation/participation at the Conference. The company registration number and full contact details (telephone numbers, email, street address, etc.) must be on the letter.
Visa Fee & Service Charge:
Kindly be informed that the visa processing fee will no longer be accepted at the submission of applications and the processing fee should be deposited to the Mission bank account.
Proof of the payment must be attached to the application.
Please note that the deposit should be done in the name of the applicant.
The Visa fee is non-refundable.
Please find below banking details as follows:
Beneficiary: South African High Commission
Account no: 01-3645266-02
Bank: Standard Charted Bank
Visitor' Visa, Study Visa, Treaty Visa, Relative's Visa and Conference Visa
LKR 4 740.00
Work Permit & Business Permit
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: The new Immigration Regulations were gazetted on 22 May 2014 (No 37679) and became effective from 26 May 2014:
No application may be accepted from an applicant on a short-term visit in a country other than his/her country of origin/residence.
Obokash.com file processing service charges:
Tk. 5,000 (Notary, translation, and insurance charges are additional- if needed).
• High Commission’s processing time: 05-10 working days
• obokash.com’s file processing time: 03-04 working days
• obokash.com only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for the visa.
• File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
• Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
• The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
• All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- obokash.com only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for visa.
- File processing for visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than above mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated by English and notarized.
South Africa is a country on the southernmost tip of the African continent, marked by several distinct ecosystems. Inland safari destination Kruger National Park is populated by big game. The Western Cape offers beaches, lush winelands around Stellenbosch and Paarl, craggy cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope, forest and lagoons along the Garden Route, and the city of Cape Town, beneath flat-topped Table Mountain
|Capital||:||Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein|
|Official Language||:||English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Southern Sotho|
|Currency||:||South African rand|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday afternoon & Sunday|
|Population||:||54.96 million (2015)|
|Religion||:||Christianity, Islam, Hinduism|
|Climate||:||South Africa's climatic conditions generally range from Mediterranean in the southwestern corner of South Africa to temperate in the interior plateau, and subtropical in the northeast. A small area in the northwest has a desert climate. Most of the country has warm, sunny days and cool nights.|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Jacob Zuma|
|Destinations||:||Cape Town,Kruger National Park,Johannesburg,Table Mountain National Park,Durban,Pretoria,Port Elizabeth,Pilanesberg Game Reserve,Addo Elephant National Park|
|Points of Interest||:|
Kruger National Park,Table Mountain,Cape of Good Hope,Table Mountain National Park,Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden,Boulders Beach,Addo Elephant National Park,Cape Peninsula
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.