There are many types of visas are available for Latvia, such as tourists, Business, Transit, Student, work, etc. obokash.com provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visas.
Visa Procedure (Tourist & Business):
There is no Embassy of Latvia in Bangladesh. But all the C category short-term visas of Latvia are handling by the Embassy of Sweden of Bangladesh. But The Embassy of Sweden of Bangladesh has appointed VFS Global as an outsourced partner to facilate applications. Applications are required to be submitted on a walk-in basis and applicants must attend in person during visa application submission.
Embassy of Sweden, Dhaka:
Bay’s Edgewater, 6th Floor, Plot No.12, North Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Sunday – Thursday, 08.00 – 16.00
Phone: 880 255 668 500
Visiting hours: Sunday to Thursday 09.00 - 16.00 after the pre-booked appointment.
Office/telephone hours for inquiries are Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 11.00-12.00.
Phone: +880 255 668 500
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: Sunday and Thursday, 15.00 – 16.00
Phone: +880 255 668 525
E-mail: [email protected]
Sweden Visa Application Center:
Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90, Gulshan North, Gulshan-2, Dhaka
Helpline No: (+88) 09606 777333, +88) 09666911382 (Sunday to Thursday 09:00 to 17:00)
Email: [email protected]
Working hours: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 17:00
File Submit: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 14:00
Passport and Document Collection: Sunday to Thursday: 15:00 to 16:00
Documents Checklist (Tourist & Business visa):
- Duly filled Application form and signed by the applicant (if the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by both parents or its legal guardian)
- Current Passport with at least two blank pages, valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen territory with all old passports & color photocopy of Bio-page of current passport and all Schengen visas.
- Two recent color photographs (size 3.5 X 4.5 cm) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not more than 06 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / National ID card
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A death certificate copy requires for widows.
- Cover letter: Cover letter from the applicant explaining in detail the purpose of the visit, addressed to the Embassy of Sweden.
- If minor:
- Consent of parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together.
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian
- Proof of economic means of parents or legal guardian
- Original birth certificate of the minor issued by the responsible authority.
- For Non-Bangladeshi applicants who have valid residence status in Bangladesh: (i) Bangladeshi Residence Permit valid for at least three months beyond the intended date of departure from the Schengen territory of the member states. (ii)Proof of the intention of carrying out the onward journey: copy of continuation ticket or reservation. (iii) Documentation about activity upon return in Bangladesh e.g. work contract or proof of enrollment in a university or school.
- For Family members of an EU/EEA citizen: (i) There is an EU citizen from whom the visa applicant can derive any rights. (ii)The visa applicant is a Family member (e.g.: a marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of dependency, the durability of partnership) and his identity (passport). (iii)The visa applicant accompanies or joins an EU citizen (e.g: a proof that the EU citizen already resides in the host Member State)
- For Business Person: Trade license (renewal), VAT, IRC, LC copy and Membership certificate (If any), 2 pcs business card.
- Additional documents for partnership: business agreement/deed copy
- Additional documents for the limited company: memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, and form 12
- Company cover letter (if business visits): Letters of the company introducing the businessperson, purpose and duration of the visit(s), a financial cover of the visit, short company profile, etc.
- For Employee: Original no objection certificate (NOC) mentioned: (i) Address, telephone and fax number of the company (ii) Name and position of the countersigning officer in the company (iii) Name and position of applicants, number of years of service, pay slip / original salary statement/government order (GO) & original note verbal (for official passport holders), 02 pc visiting card
- For Retired person: Retirement documents
- For Student:
- Proof of enrolment in an educational establishment in Bangladesh
- Certificate of leave of absence if traveling during the school year. The Certificate should mention the full address, telephone number, and permission of absence, name, and function of the person granting permission.
- If school trips, letter of the school mentioning the purpose, the duration, and the destination.
- Bank solvency & statement (both company & personal) of last 06 months.
- Other financial documents such as FDR, credit card statements, saving certificates, share statements, etc. (if available)
- Income Tax Certificate (For last 3 years) / TIN certificate
- Valuation of other assets (if any)
- For Tourist/ Visiting Family or Friends Purpose: Personal Invitation letter & evidence of your inviter’s passport and status in Latvia (If available). In case of sponsorship - proof of sponsorship including proof of family/ties with a sponsor.
- For Business Visit:
- Invitation from the visited company: The letter should incorporate relevant personal data of the invited, length of the invitation, reason, and activity to develop in the Member State during the visit.
- Proof of recent business contacts: Evidence of former and current transactions in Bangladesh and/or abroad (e.g. bill of lading, receipts, contracts, correspondence).
- If commercial fairs or congress:
- Proof of attendance through either letter of invitation from the organizer of the event, or payments of the registration fee.
- Programme of the event.
- Air Ticket Booking copy: Copy of the roundtrip airline reservation with Passenger Registration Number (or reservation number)
- Hotel Booking copy: Hotel confirmation or hotel voucher for the whole duration of the stay, or other documents proving accommodation.
- Travel itinerary
- Travel Health Insurance coverage minimum 30,000 Euros (Original & Photocopy).
Visa Fee & Service Charge:
- VFS fee: - Tk. 1750 (cash)
- Visa fees (For Adult) – Tk. 7500
- Visa fees (Between 6-12 years old) – Tk. 3750
- Children between 0-6 years (until the age of 6 years minus one day) - No fee
- obokash.com service charge TK. 3,000 (Notary and translation charges are additional- if needed).
- Tourist visa: 15-45 calendar days
- Business visa: 15-45 calendar days
- obokash.com file processing time: 3-4 working days.
- obokash.com only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- The finger must be free of “MEHEDI or any other color” when facing biometrics at the embassy / Application center.
- Applicants have to bring all original documents at the time of interview to the embassy / Application center.
Call : +88 01996-319999, +88 01945-111444, +880-9696-311444
Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Estonia. Its landscape is marked by wide beaches as well as dense, sprawling forests. Latvia’s capital is Riga, home to notable wooden and art nouveau architecture, a vast Central Market and a medieval Old Town with St. Peter's Church. Riga's museums include the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum, showcasing local crafts, food and music
|Exchange Rate||:||129.85 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday and sunday|
|Climate||:||Latvia has nice weather in the summer and it gets pretty cold in the winter. Latvia experiences reasonably mild winters, beginning in January and ending in March. Average temperatures range from 10°C (50°F) to 15°C (59°F) in winter, and sometimes getting as cold as -6.6°C (20.1°F) to -2.8°C (27°F).|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Maris Kucinskis|
|Points of Interest||:||Gauja National Park,Rundale Palace,Freedom Monument,St. Peter's Church, Riga,House of the Blackheads,Turaida Castle|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.