Exploring the Process of Obtaining a South Korean Visa from Bangladesh
In recent years, the demand for South Korean visas from Bangladeshi travelers has been on the rise. South Korea's unique blend of rich culture, technological advancements, and stunning landscapes makes it an attractive destination for many. However, navigating the intricacies of the visa application process can be daunting for first-time applicants. In this comprehensive guide, we aim to provide you with all the essential information you need to successfully obtain a South Korean visa from Bangladesh.
Understanding the Types of Korean Visas
Before diving into the application process, it's crucial to know which type of visa you need. South Korea offers various visa categories, including tourist, business, and student visas, each with its own set of requirements. Obokash Travels provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visas only.
1. Tourist Visa (C-3)
A tourist visa is suitable for those planning a leisure trip to South Korea. It allows travelers to explore the country's wonders for a specific duration.
2. Business Visa (D-7)
If you intend to engage in business activities in South Korea, the D-7 visa is the one to consider. It's ideal for entrepreneurs, investors, or individuals on official business.
3. Student Visa (D-2)
Students seeking to pursue higher education in South Korea should apply for the D-2 visa. This visa type is essential for academic purposes.
4. Work Visa (E-7)
The E-7 visa is designed for foreign nationals looking to work in South Korea. It caters to various professional fields.
5. Spousal Visa (F-6)
This visa is for individuals married to South Korean citizens. It enables you to join your spouse and build a life together in South Korea.
The Application Process
To start your journey to South Korea, you must follow the right procedures when applying for a Korean visa from Bangladesh. The process can be broken down into the following steps:
Determining your eligibility is the first step in the application process. Depending on the type of visa you're applying for, you must meet specific criteria related to your purpose of travel, financial stability, and more.
The success of your visa application depends on submitting the right documents. Here's a checklist of essential documents you'll need:
A valid passport with at least six months of validity from your planned departure.
Visa Application Form:
Complete the application form with accurate information.
Provide recent passport-sized photos that meet South Korean visa photo specifications.
Proof of Financial Means:
You need to demonstrate your ability to cover the costs during your stay.Bank statements and financial documents to prove your financial stability.
• Bank statement & solvency certificate (original with bank seal and signature) of last 06 months for both company & personal.
• Other financial documents such as FDR, saving certificate, share statement (If available).
• Income tax certificate with return copy (last 3 years), E-TIN certificate copy.
• Valuation of other assets such as land, building (If any).
For certain visa types, you may require an invitation letter from a South Korean host.
• For Tourist Purpose: Invitation letter & Affidavit of support notarized, if available
• For Business Visit: A letter of invitation from the host organization in South Korea. Including conference registration details, reasons for applicant’s visit, itinerary with contact details of the business parties involved, and applicant’s employment contract details.
Include details of your planned trip, such as flight reservations and Proof of accommodation in South Korea.
- Air-ticket Booking copy
- Confirmation of accommodation at a hotel or guest house for all dates.
- A no-objection certificate (NOC) from your employer (for employed individuals).
Visa Application Submission
All the visa applications of South Korea are processed by South Korea Embassy. Applications are submitted on a walk-in basis. Make sure to schedule an appointment and arrive on time.The applicant must be present in person during visa application submission.
Embassy of the Republic of Korea in People's Republic of Bangladesh
Address: 4 Madani Avenue Baridhara, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Tel: (+8802) 5881-2088~90, 5881-2041, 984-3237, 984-3628
Fax: (+8802) 984-3871
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (cosular/visa service)
Application Submit: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 12:00
Passport Collection: Sunday to Thursday: 14:00 to 16:00 pm
Attestation Submission and Delivery: Sunday to Thursday: 14:00 to 16:00
Hours of Operation: 09:00~12:30, 14:00~17:00 (Sunday~Thursday)
Attend the Visa Interview
Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may be required to attend a visa interview. This interview is crucial to assess your intentions and eligibility for the visa.
Pay the Visa Fee
There is a non-refundable visa application fee that varies depending on the type and duration of your visa. Ensure that you pay the correct fee, as it is non-refundable.
Check the South Korean Embassy's website for the latest fee information.
• Embassy Visa fee:
- 1.01.2023 (Exchange rate: $1 = 110 taka)
- Less than 90 days (Single): $40 / 4,400 taka
- More than 90 days (Single): $60 / 6,600 taka
- Double: $70 / 7,700 taka
- Multiple: $90 / 9,900 taka
• Obokash Travels service charge: Tk. 3,000 (Notary and translation charges are additional- if needed).
Wait for Processing
The time it takes to process your visa application can vary. Typically, it can take up to a week or more. Be patient and refrain from making any travel arrangements until you receive your visa.Be sure to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.
• Embassy processing time: 7-8 working days.
• Obokash Travels file processing time: 2-3 working days.
Visa Approval and Collection
Once your visa application is approved, you will be notified by the embassy or application center. Visit the center to collect your visa, ensuring that all details are accurate.
Tips for a Successful Visa Application
- Provide genuine and complete information in your application.
- Ensure your documents are well-organized and in order.
- Dress appropriately for the visa interview.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your trip.
- Maintain a polite and respectful demeanor during the application process.
Requirements (Tourist & Business):
- Current passport (minimum validity for 06 months until the planned date of return and minimum two blank pages and unmarked visa pages) with all old passports. If the immediate previous passport is lost, then a G.D (English) copy for that passport is required.
- One recent color Photographs (size 35 X 45 mm) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not be more than 03 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / National ID card copy of applicants.
- Marriage certificate or Divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A Death certificate copy requires for widows.
- For Non-Bangladeshi applicants: Bangladeshi Residence Permit valid at least 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States.
- In case of minors:
- Consent of either parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together.
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian. Proof of financial means of parents or legal guardian.
- Original Birth certificate of the minor issued by the relevant authority.
- Cover/Forwarding letter.
- For Businessperson:Trade license (renewal) and company’s letterhead pad (2 blank pages) require for proprietorship, partnership, and limited company. (i) Additional documents for partnership: Business Agreement/Deed copy. (ii) Additional documents for the limited company: Memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, form 12 (For limited company), VAT, IRC, and Membership certificate (If any). (iii) Business card: 02 pcs.
- For Employee: Original No objection certificate (NOC) mentioned. (i) Address, telephone, and fax number of the company. (ii) Name and position of the countersigning officer in the company. (iii) Name and position of applicants, number of years of service, pay slip / original salary statement/Government order (GO) & original note verbal (for official passport holders). (iv) Visiting card: 02 pcs.
- For Student: Student ID copy, original school leave letter/ permission of absence mentioned full address, telephone number, name, and function of the person granting permission. If school trips then the purpose, the duration, and the destination must be mentioned in the letter of the school.
- For Retired Person:Retirement documents.
- Bank statement & solvency certificate (original with bank seal and signature) of Last 06 months for both company & personal.
- Other financial documents such as FDR, saving certificate, share statement (If available).
- Income tax certificate copy (last 3 years), E-TIN certificate copy (if applicable).
Business visit Documents:
- A letter of invitation from the host organization in Korea. Including conference registration details, reasons for applicant’s visit, itinerary with contact details of the business parties involved, and applicant’s employment contract details.
- Guarantee letter/Affidavit of support from inviting company.
- Business Registration Certificate from inviting company (within last 1 year).
- Trade license and income Tax certificate of Bangladeshi company.
- Employment Certificate issued from invitee company (for Employee).
- Personal and Company’s Bank statement (issued within the Last 6 months).
- Flight Booking.
- Hotel Booking.
- Tour Itinerary.
Visa Fee & Service Charge:
Visa Type (Less than 90 days)
- obokash.com service charge 3,000 BDT.
Note: Notary and translation charges are additional – if needed.
- obokash.com file processing time 3/4 working days.
- Embassy processing time: After submission 12-15+ working days to depend on embassy.
- obokash.com only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guarantee for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the right to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long can I stay in South Korea on a tourist visa?
Ans: As a Bangladeshi citizen, you can typically stay in South Korea for up to 90 days on a tourist visa.
Q: Can I extend my visa while in South Korea?
Ans: Yes, you can extend your visa while in South Korea, but you must apply for an extension before your current visa expires.
Q: What is the processing time for a South Korean visa for students?
Ans: The processing time for a student visa may take longer, usually around two to four weeks.
Q: Is there an age limit for applying for a South Korean visa?
Ans: There is no specific age limit for visa applicants. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for a Korean visa.
Q: Can I work in South Korea with a tourist visa?
Ans: No, a tourist visa does not allow you to work in South Korea. To work in the country, you need to apply for an appropriate work visa.
Q: What are the visa requirements for business travelers?
Ans: Business travelers will need to provide additional documents such as an invitation letter from a Korean company and details of the business purpose.
Obtaining a South Korean visa from Bangladesh can be a smooth and hassle-free process if you plan carefully and follow the South Korea's immigration guidelines and requirements meticulously.By following the steps outlined in this guide, you'll increase your chances of a successful visa application and embark on a remarkable journey to South Korea's enchanting culture, technological marvels, and natural beauty.To initiate your South Korean tourist visa application and explore the wonders of South Korea, visit https://www.obokash.com/contact-us. Your journey awaits!
South Korea, an East Asian nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea. It’s equally known for its green, hilly countryside dotted with cherry trees and centuries-old Buddhist temples, plus its coastal fishing villages, sub-tropical islands and high-tech cities such as Seoul, the capital.
|Currency||:||South Korean won|
|Local Time||:||GMT +9|
|Exchange Rate||:||0.07017 BDT|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday & Sunday|
|Population||:||50.62 million (2015)|
|Religion||:||Christianity, Buddhism, shamanism|
|Climate||:||South Korea has a temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Winters are usually long, cold and dry. Summers are very short, hot, and humid. Spring and autumn are pleasant but also short in duration.|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Moon Jae-in|
|Destinations||:||Seoul, Busan, Gyeongju, Jeju City, Incheon, Ulleungdo, Daegu, Tongyeong, Yeosu|
|Points of Interest||:||Gyeongbokgung, Changdeokgung, N Seoul Tower, Seoraksan National Park, Myeong-dong, War Memorial of Korea, Cheonggyecheon, Seoraksan, National Museum of Korea, Bulguksa, Bongeunsa, Haeundae Beach, Korean Folk Village, Everland, Lotte World, Hallasan, Beomeosa, Jogyesa, Deoksugung, Namiseom, Hahoe Folk Village, Seoul Color Park, Namsan, Gwanghwamun, Changgyeonggung, Jongmyo, Heunginjimun, Donggung Palace and Wolji Pond in Gyeongju, Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art, Children's Grand Park, Seoul, Yongdusan Park, Gwangalli Beach, The Garden of Morning Calm, Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty, Bukhansan, Haedong Yonggungsa, National Folk Museum of Korea, Dora ObservatoryCheonjiyeon Waterfall, Gyeongju National Museum, Taejongdae, Jirisan, Bukchon Hanok Village, Dongdaemun Market, Namdaemun Market, Seoul Grand Park, Dongdaemun Design Plaza, Cheomseongdae, Namdaemun|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.