Japan Tourist and Business Visa from Bangladesh: Your Ultimate Guide
Are you a resident of Bangladesh with dreams of exploring the vibrant culture, picturesque landscapes, and technological marvels of Japan? You're not alone. Japan has become an increasingly popular destination for tourists worldwide, and for good reason. From the serene temples of Kyoto to the bustling streets of Tokyo, Japan offers a unique blend of tradition and modernity that's simply irresistible.
To turn your dream of visiting Japan into a reality, you need to secure a Japan tourist visa. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the entire process of obtaining a Japan tourist visa from Bangladesh. We'll cover the essential requirements, the step-by-step application process, and provide valuable tips to increase your chances of a successful application to ensure that your journey to the Land of the Rising Sun is as smooth as possible.
Japan Visa from Bangladesh: A Brief Overview
There are many types of visas are available for Japan, such as tourists, Business, Student, etc. Obokash Travels provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visas.
In this section, we'll provide a quick overview of what a Japan tourist visa is and why it's essential for Bangladeshi travelers.
Understanding the Japan Tourist Visa
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty of the application process, let's get a clear understanding of what a Japan tourist visa is. The Japan tourist visa, officially known as the Temporary Visitor Visa, is designed for individuals who wish to visit Japan for leisure, tourism, or short-term cultural experiences. This visa allows you to stay in Japan for a duration of up to 90 days.
Japan Tourist Visa Requirements
To successfully obtain a Japan tourist visa from Bangladesh, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Valid Passport
Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your intended date of departure from Japan. Ensure that you have at least two blank visa pages for the visa stamp.
2. Visa Application Form
You need to complete the Japan Visa Application Form accurately. You can download it from the official websiteof the Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh. Make sure to fill it out accurately and honestly.
3. Passport-Sized Photos
Attach two recent passport-size photographs with a white background to your application form. The photos should be taken within the last six months.
4. Travel Itinerary
You must provide a copy of your round-trip flight itinerary and planned activities in Japan,including your entry and exit dates from Japan.
- Air Ticket Booking copy: Return airline ticket booking with Passenger Registration Number or Reservation Number.
- Tour Plan.
5. Accommodation Details
You need to show proof of your accommodation in Japan, such as hotel reservations or an invitation letter from your host in Japan.
- Hotel Booking Copy: Hotel Confirmation or any other documents proving accommodation for the whole period of stay.
6. Cover Letter
Include a cover letter explaining the purpose of your visit and your itinerary in Japan.
7. Financial Proof
Show proof of sufficient funds to cover your travel expenses during your stay in Japan. Provide bank statements for the last six months to demonstrate your financial capability to cover the expenses of your trip.
- Bank statement & solvency certificate (original with bank seal and signature) of Last 06 months for both company & personal.
- Other financial documents such as FDR, Saving certificate, share statement (If available).
- Income tax certificate with return copy (last 3 years), E-TIN certificate copy.
- Valuation of other assets such as land, building (If any).
8. Proof of Ties to Bangladesh
You'll need to provide documents that establish your ties to Bangladesh, such as employment letters, property deeds, or family connections.
- For Tourist Purpose: Personal Invitation letter & evidence of your inviter’s passport and status in Japan (If available).
- For Business Visit: A letter of invitation & Guarantee Letter from the host organization in Japan. Including conference registration details, reasons for applicant’s visit, itinerary with contact details of the business parties involved, and applicant’s employment contract details.
9. Employment Verification
Submit a letter from your employer verifying your employment status and granting you leave for your trip.
10. Travel Insurance
Obtain comprehensive travel insurance that covers your entire stay in Japan.
Japan Tourist Visa Application Process
Now that you're aware of the requirements, let's go through the step-by-step application process for a Japan tourist visa. It's crucial to follow these steps diligently to ensure a successful application.
1. Determine Visa Type
Before you start your application, identify the specific type of visa you need based on your travel plans. Japan offers different visa categories, so choose the one that aligns with your purpose of visit.
2. Collect Required Documents
Gather the necessary documents, including your valid passport, visa application form, passport-sized photos, detailed travel itinerary with accommodation details, bank statements, cover letter, and proof of ties to Bangladesh.The more organized your documents, the smoother the process.
3. Download and Fill the Application Form
Go to the Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh's website and download the Japan Visa Application Form. Fill out the visa application form accurately and legibly. Make sure to provide all required information matches the supporting documents and double-check for any errors.
4. Visa Fee
Visa fee: TK. 0 ( Free)
Obokash Travels Service Charge TK. 3,000 (Notary and translation charges are additional- if needed).
Visit the official website of the Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh to schedule an appointment at the visa application center.Submit your application and the required documents in person at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Japan in Dhaka. You can also use a reputable travel agency to submit your application on your behalf.
Application Submit: Sunday to Thursday- 09:00am to 10:50am
Passport Collection: Sunday to Thursday- 02:30pm to 03:30pm
Information & Visa Application Form collection: 9:00am to 3:00pm
6. Attend the Interview
All the visa applications of Japan are Processed by Japan Embassy. Applications are submitted on a walk-in basis. The applicant has to present in person during visa application submission.Appear for the visa interview at the application center as per your scheduled appointment. Dress appropriately and be ready to answer questions about your trip.
Embassy of Japan:
Plot No. 5 & 7, Dutabash Road, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Email: For General - email@example.com
7. Wait for Processing
Visa processing times may vary, but it typically takes around 3-5 business days. You can check the status of your application on the embassy's website.
- Tourist visa: Total 07-10 working Days (File processing + Embassy)
- Business visa: Total 07-10 working Days (File processing + Embassy)
8. Visa Collection
Once your visa is approved, you can collect it from the embassy or have it delivered through the travel agency you used for submission.
Tips for a Successful Application
To increase your chances of a successful Japan tourist visa application, consider the following tips:
- Complete Documentation:
Ensure all required documents are complete and accurate.
- Plan Your Itinerary:
Have a clear and well-structured travel plan that includes places you want to visit and activities you wish to do.
- Be Honest:
Provide truthful information throughout the application process.
- Apply in Advance:
Apply for your visa well in advance of your intended travel dates.
- Professional Assistance:
Consider seeking assistance from experienced travel agencies that specialize in visa applications.
- Financial Stability:
Maintain a healthy bank balance to prove your financial stability.
- Consistent Information:
Make sure all information on the application form matches the supporting documents.
Requirements (Tourist & Business):
- Duly filled Application form and signed by the applicant (if the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by both parents or its legal guardian).
- Current passport (minimum validity for 06 months until the planned date of return and minimum two blank pages and unmarked visa pages) with all old passports. If the immediate previous passport is lost then a G.D (English) copy for that passport is required.
- Two recent color photographs (size 2 X 2 inch) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not more than 03 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / national ID card copy of applicants.
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A death certificate copy requires for widows. Please note: If an applicant applies with family but his/ her name is not mentioned in the spouse's passport or vice versa then a marriage certificate copy is mandatory.
- For Non-Bangladeshi applicants: Bangladeshi Residence Permit valid at least 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States.
- Visa request letter: Letter from applicant name, designation, Passport Number, purpose, and outlining who will be responsible for the full costs of the trip – travel, accommodation, expenses, etc. Addressed to – The Visa Officer.
- In case of minors:
- Consent of either parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together.
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian.
- Proof of financial means of parents or legal guardian.
- Original birth certificate of the minor issued by the relevant authority.
- The status of “legal guardian” must be proven by documents issued by the relevant Bangladeshi Courts for minors.
- For Business Person: Trade license (renewal) require for proprietorship, business agreement/deed copy for partnership and memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, form 12 for limited company; VAT, IRC, LC copy, Membership certificate (If any), Brochures, leaflets, newspaper clippings, etc (if any),2 pcs business card.
- For Employee: Original no objection certificate / NOC letter (mentioning in English on official company paper with stamp, signature, and date, introducing the business person and mentioning: address, telephone, and fax numbers of the employing company; the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer; the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service; approval for leave; confirmation of position after return); pay slip / original salary statement; for official passport holders government order copy, original note verbal copy & 2 pcs visiting card.
- Company cover letter (for a business visit): Letter from the employer in English on official company paper with seal, signature, and date, introducing the business person and mentioning: address, telephone, and fax numbers of the employing company; the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer; the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service; approval for absence; confirmation of position after return; the person or entity who will bear travel and living costs during the visit.
- For Retired Person: Retirement documents.
- For Student: Student ID copy, original school leave letter/ permission of absence mentioned full address, telephone number, name, and function of the person granting permission. If school trips then the purpose, the duration, and the destination must be mentioned in the letter of the school.
- All documents should be provided 1 original and 1 photocopy. Photocopy must be in A4 size paper.
- Further additional documents may be required.
- No visa is required for Diplomatic Passport holders.
- Obokash Travels provides consultancy service only, doesn’t provide any guaranty for visas.
- File processing for visas will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- Applicants have to bring all original documents at the time of interview to the embassy / Application center.
Frequently Asked Question About Japan Tourist Visa
Here are some common questions related to obtaining a Japan tourist visa from Bangladesh, along with their answers:
Q:What is the processing time for a Japan tourist visa?
Ans:The processing time for a Japan tourist visa typically ranges from 3 to 7 business days. It's advisable to apply well in advance of your planned travel date.
Q:Can I extend my Japan tourist visa?
Ans:In general, Japan tourist visas are not extendable. You must leave Japan before the visa expires.
Q:Do I need to book flights and accommodations before applying for the visa?
Ans:While it's not mandatory to book flights and accommodations before applying, having a well-planned itinerary can strengthen your visa application.
Q:Can I work in Japan with a tourist visa?
Ans:No, a Japan tourist visa does not allow you to work in Japan. It's strictly for tourism and related activities.
Q:Is there an age limit for applying for a Japan tourist visa?
Ans:No, there is no specific age limit for applying for a Japan tourist visa. Anyone meeting the requirements can apply.
Q:How long can I stay in Japan on a tourist visa?
Ans:The duration of stay on a Japan tourist visa can vary but is typically for 15, 30, or 90 days.
Obtaining a Japan tourist visa from Bangladesh is a crucial step towards fulfilling your travel aspirations. By following the requirements, application process, and our valuable tips, you can increase your chances of obtaining the visa and embarking on an unforgettable journey to the Land of the Rising Sun. Remember to plan ahead, submit a well-organized application, and adhere to the rules and regulations.
With your Japan tourist visa in hand, you're ready to immerse yourself in the mesmerizing culture, stunning landscapes, and incredible experiences that Japan has to offer. Enjoy your adventure!
Call : +88 01996-319999, +88 01945-111444,+880 9696-311444
Japan is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean with dense cities, imperial palaces, mountainous national parks and thousands of shrines and temples. Shinkansen bullet trains connect the main islands of Kyushu (with Okinawa's subtropical beaches), Honshu (home to Tokyo and Hiroshima’s atomic-bomb memorial) and Hokkaido (famous for skiing). Tokyo, the capital, is known for skyscrapers, shopping and pop culture.
|Official Language||:||Japanese language|
|Local Time||:||GMT +9|
|Exchange Rate||:||0.71 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday & Sunday|
|Population||:||127 million (2015)|
|Religion||:||Shinto and Buddhism|
|Climate||:||The weather in Japan is generally temperate, with four distinct seasons: Japan's weather in Winter, from December to February, is quite dry and sunny along the Pacific coast and the temperatures rarely drop below 0°C. The temperatures drop as you move north, with the Central and Northern regions experiencing snowfall.|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:|| |
|Destinations||:||Tokyo, Osaka, Hakone, Nagoya, Kamakura, Kobe, Nara, Sapporo|
|Points of Interest||:||Mount Fuji, Kinkaku-ji, Senso-ji, Kiyomizu-dera, Todai-ji, Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Shinjuku Gyoen, Itsukushima, Roppongi, Tsukiji fish market, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Fushimi Inari-taisha, Hiroshima Peace Memorial, Odaiba, Arashiyama, Nijo Castle, Universal Studios Japan, Ueno Park, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, Yoyogi Park, Itsukushima Shrine, Kotoku-in, Osaka Castle, Lake Ashi, Ghibli Museum, Sanjusangen-do, Himeji Castle, Roppongi Hills, Kamikochi, Mount Koya, Tokyo DisneySea, Hamarikyu Gardens, Tokyo Tower, Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium, Ginkaku-ji, Kenroku-en, Dotonbori, Tokyo Disney Resort, Tokyo Disneyland, Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go and Gokayama, Ishigaki, Nikko Tosho-gu, Kurobe Dam, Lake Kawaguchi, Awaji Island, Yakushima, Shuri Castle, Ise Grand Shrine|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
*Ques: Are marriage certificate or nikanama mandatory for Japan visa?
Ans: Yes. Mandatory but if you are unmarried then the marriage cirtificate are not Mandatory.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non - refundable.