Belgium Visa from Bangladesh: Your Comprehensive Guide
Planning a visit to Belgium from Bangladesh? Navigating the visa application process can be challenging, but fear not! At Obokash Travel and Tours, we are committed to providing you with comprehensive guidance on obtaining a Belgium visa from Bangladesh.
Understanding the Belgium Visa Application Process
Belgium Visa Requirements for Bangladesh Citizens
Embarking on your Belgium adventure starts with understanding the visa requirements. Ensure you have all necessary documents, including a valid passport, recent photographs, and financial proof.
Understanding the Types of Belgium Visas
There are many types of visas are available for Belgium, such as Tourist, Business, Transit, Student, Work, etc. Obokash Travel and Tours provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visa only.
For those eager to explore the rich history and picturesque landscapes of Belgium, the Tourist Visa is the gateway. Whether you're planning to visit the iconic Atomium in Brussels or wander through the charming streets of Bruges, obtaining a Tourist Visa is the first step.
Navigating the business landscape in Belgium requires a Business Visa. Whether attending meetings, conferences, or exploring potential partnerships, this visa allows you to engage in various professional activities in the heart of Europe.
Aspiring to pursue education in Belgium? The Student Visa is your key to unlocking a world-class education. Belgium boasts renowned universities, and this visa enables you to immerse yourself in academic excellence.
Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a Belgium Visa from Bangladesh
There is Belgium Honorary Consulate in Bangladesh (It processed all the long-term visas such as student, student, family visit, etc.). All the C category short-term visas of Belgium from Bangladesh are handled by the Embassy of Sweden of Bangladesh. And the Embassy of Sweden of Bangladesh has appointed VFS Global as an outsourced partner to facilitate applications. Applications are required to be submitted on a walk-in basis and applicants must attend in person during visa application submission.
1. Thorough Documentation
Gathering the necessary documents is the foundation of a successful visa application. Ensure you have your passport, recent photographs, travel itinerary, and proof of accommodation ready.
2. Visa Application Form
Navigate to the official Belgian embassy website and locate the visa application form. Fill it out meticulously, providing accurate and up-to-date information.
3. Book an Appointment
Securing an appointment at the Belgian embassy is the next crucial step. Plan ahead to ensure availability and be punctual on the scheduled day.
Belgium Honorary Consulate:
ACI Centre-245, Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka-1208
Tel: (+88)028878603 (Ext. 280)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Embassy of Belgium, New Delhi
50-N Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi, India
Opening hours: Monday to Friday between 9am and 1pm and between 1.30 and 5pm
Tel: +91 11 424 280 00 - (For Visa questions every working day between 11.30am and 1pm)
Tel: +91 98 101 179 31 - Emergency (ONLY for of Belgians in difficulty, outside opening hours)
Fax: +91 11 424 280 02
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (Visa)
Embassy of Sweden, Dhaka:
Bay’s Edgewater, 6th Floor, Plot No.12, North Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Sunday – Thursday, 08.00 – 16.00
Phone: 880 255 668 500
Visiting hours: Sunday to Thursday 09.00 - 16.00 after the pre-booked appointment.
Office/telephone hours for inquiries are Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 11.00-12.00.
Phone: +880 255 668 500
Phone: Sunday and Thursday, 15.00 – 16.00
Phone:+880 255 668 525
Sweden Visa Application Center:
Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90, Gulshan North, Gulshan-2, Dhaka
Helpline No: (+88) 09606 777333, +88) 09666911382 (Sunday to Thursday 09:00 to 17:00)
Working hours: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 17:00
File Submit: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 14:00
Passport and Document Collection: Sunday to Thursday: 15:00 to 16:00
4. Biometric Data Submission
During your embassy visit, your biometric data will be collected. This includes fingerprints, a vital step in the security measures taken by Belgian authorities.
5. Payment of Visa Fees
Be aware of the applicable visa fees and ensure timely payment. This step is essential for the processing of your visa application.
- VFS fee: - Tk. 1750 (cash)
- Visa fees (For Adult) – Tk. 7500
- Visa fees (Between 6-12 years old) – Tk. 3750
- Children between 0-6 years (until the age of 6 years minus one day) - No fee
- Obokash Travel and Tours service charge TK. 3,000 (Notary and translation charges are additional- if needed).
6. Visa Interview
Prepare for a visa interview where you may be asked about the purpose of your visit, your ties to Bangladesh, and your plans while in Belgium. Clear and concise responses are key.
Note: Please note that you might be called for an Interview if desired by the Embassy of Sweden, Dhaka.
7. Wait for Processing
After completing the necessary steps, patience is required. Visa processing times vary, so stay informed about the status of your application through the embassy's tracking system.
- Tourist visa: 15-45 calendar days
- Business visa: 15-45 calendar days
- Obokash Travel and Tours file processing time: 3-4 working days.
Documents Checklist (Tourist & Business visa):
- Duly filled Application form and signed by the applicant (if the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by both parents or its legal guardian)
- Current Passport with at least two blank pages, valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen territory with all old passports & color photocopy of Bio-page of current passport and all Schengen visas.
- Two recent color photographs (size 3.5 X 4.5 cm) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not more than 06 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / National ID card
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A death certificate copy requires for widows.
- Cover letter: Cover letter from the applicant explaining in detail the purpose of the visit, addressed to the Embassy of Sweden.
- If minor:
- Consent of parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together.
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian
- Proof of economic means of parents or legal guardian
- Original birth certificate of the minor issued by the responsible authority.
- For Non-Bangladeshi applicants who have valid residence status in Bangladesh: (i) Bangladeshi Residence Permit valid for at least three months beyond the intended date of departure from the Schengen territory of the member states. (ii)Proof of the intention of carrying out the onward journey: copy of continuation ticket or reservation. (iii) Documentation about activity upon return in Bangladesh e.g. work contract or proof of enrollment in a university or school.
- For Family members of an EU/EEA citizen: (i) There is an EU citizen from whom the visa applicant can derive any rights. (ii)The visa applicant is a Family member (e.g.: a marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of dependency, the durability of partnership) and his identity (passport). (iii)The visa applicant accompanies or joins an EU citizen (e.g: a proof that the EU citizen already resides in the host Member State)
- For Business Person: Trade license (renewal), VAT, IRC, LC copy and Membership certificate (If any), 2 pcs business card.
- Additional documents for partnership: business agreement/deed copy
- Additional documents for the limited company: memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, and form 12
- Company cover letter (if business visits): Letters of the company introducing the businessperson, purpose and duration of the visit(s), a financial cover of the visit, short company profile, etc.
- For Employee: Original no objection certificate (NOC) mentioned: (i) Address, telephone and fax number of the company (ii) Name and position of the countersigning officer in the company (iii) Name and position of applicants, number of years of service, pay slip / original salary statement/government order (GO) & original note verbal (for official passport holders), 02 pc visiting card
- For Retired person: Retirement documents
- For Student:
- Proof of enrolment in an educational establishment in Bangladesh
- Certificate of leave of absence if traveling during the school year. The Certificate should mention the full address, telephone number, and permission of absence, name, and function of the person granting permission.
- If school trips, letter of the school mentioning the purpose, the duration, and the destination.
- Bank solvency & statement (both company & personal) of last 06 months.
- Other financial documents such as FDR, credit card statements, saving certificates, share statements, etc. (if available)
- Income Tax Certificate (For last 3 years) / TIN certificate
- Valuation of other assets (if any)
- For Tourist/ Visiting Family or Friends Purpose: Personal Invitation letter & evidence of your inviter’s passport and status in Belgium (If available). In case of sponsorship - proof of sponsorship including proof of family/ties with a sponsor.
- For Business Visit:
- Invitation from the visited company: The letter should incorporate relevant personal data of the invited, length of the invitation, reason, and activity to develop in the Member State during the visit.
- Proof of recent business contacts: Evidence of former and current transactions in Bangladesh and/or abroad (e.g. bill of lading, receipts, contracts, correspondence).
- If commercial fairs or congress:
- Proof of attendance through either letter of invitation from the organizer of the event, or payments of the registration fee.
- Programme of the event.
- Air Ticket Booking copy: Copy of the roundtrip airline reservation with Passenger Registration Number (or reservation number)
- Hotel Booking copy: Hotel confirmation or hotel voucher for the whole duration of the stay, or other documents proving accommodation.
- Travel itinerary
- Travel Health Insurance coverage minimum 30,000 Euros (Original & Photocopy).
Why Choose Obokash Travel and Tours for Your Belgium Visa Journey
1. Expert Guidance
Navigating the complexities of visa applications can be daunting. Our team of experts is well-versed in the intricacies of the Belgium visa process, providing you with personalized guidance every step of the way.
2. Timely Updates
Stay informed about the progress of your application with timely updates from our dedicated team. We understand the importance of transparency and strive to keep you in the loop.
3. Customer-Centric Approach
At Obokash Travel and Tours, we prioritize customer satisfaction. Our customer-centric approach ensures that your Belgium visa journey is not only successful but also stress-free.
- Obokash Travel and Tours only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- The finger must be free of “MEHEDI or any other color” when facing biometrics at the embassy / Application center.
- Applicants have to bring all original documents at the time of interview to the embassy / Application center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does the Belgium visa application process take?
Ans: The processing time varies but typically ranges from 15 to 45 days.
Q: What financial documents are required for a Belgium visa?
Ans: Applicants need to provide proof of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay.
Q: Can I appeal if my visa application is rejected?
Ans: Yes, there is an appeals process. Understanding the reasons for rejection is crucial before initiating an appeal.
Q: Is travel insurance mandatory for a Belgium visa?
Ans: While not mandatory, having travel insurance is highly recommended for unexpected events during your stay.
Q: Are there language requirements for the visa interview?
Ans: No, the visa interview is typically conducted in English, but proficiency in French or Dutch can be advantageous.
Q: Can I apply for a Belgium visa online?
Ans: Yes, the online application process enhances efficiency and convenience for applicants.
Embarking on a journey to Belgium is a dream for many, and obtaining the right visa is the key to turning that dream into reality. Trust Obokash Travel and Tours to be your companion in this journey, offering expert guidance, timely updates, and a customer-centric approach. Your Belgium adventure awaits!
Call : +88 01996-319999, +88 01945-111444, +880-9696-311444
Belgium, a country in Western Europe, is known for medieval towns, Renaissance architecture and as headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The country has distinctive regions including Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north, French-speaking Wallonia to the south and a German-speaking community to the east. The bilingual capital, Brussels, has ornate guildhalls at Grand-Place and elegant art-nouveau buildings.
|Official Language||:||Dutch, French, German|
|Exchange Rate||:||89.83 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday and sunday|
|Population||:||11.29 million (2015)|
|Education||:||Male: 99%, Female: 99%|
|Climate||:||Belgium has a temperate maritime climate influenced by the North Sea and Atlantic Ocean, with cool summers and moderate winters. Since the country is small there is little variation in climate from region to region, although the marine influences are less inland|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Charles Michel|
|Destinations||:||Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent, Liège, Leuven,Belfry & Halle,Basilica of the Holy Blood,Markt|
|Points of Interest||:||Atomium,GrandPlace,MannekenPis,Mini-Europe,Markt,Belfry of Bruges,Cinquantenaire,Gravensteen|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.