Singapore Visa for Bangladeshi: Your Gateway to a Thrilling Adventure
Are you a Bangladeshi traveler with a longing for adventure and exploration? Singapore, often referred to as the "Lion City," is a destination that should be on your travel radar. But before you embark on this exciting journey, you'll need to understand the ins and outs of securing a Singapore visa. In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through everything you need to know about the Singapore visa for Bangladeshi citizens. From application procedures to tips for a successful trip, we've got you covered.
The Importance of Singapore Visa for Bangladeshi Travelers
Obtaining a Singapore visa is crucial for Bangladeshi travelers. Singapore is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and vibrant street life. With a visa, you can experience all that this island nation has to offer. Whether you're visiting for leisure, business, work, or education, having the right visa is the key to a successful trip.
Types of Singapore Visas
There are many types of visas are available for Singapore, such as-Tourist, Business, Medical, Work, etc. Obokash.com provides consultancy support for Tourist, Business, and Medical visas only.
The most common type of visa for travelers, the tourist visa, allows you to explore Singapore's attractions for a specific period.
If you're planning to engage in business activities in Singapore, a business visa is essential. It permits you to attend meetings, conferences, and explore potential business opportunities.
For those seeking employment in Singapore, a work visa is necessary. It allows you to work legally in the country for your designated employer.
If you dream of pursuing your education in Singapore, a student visa is your ticket to enroll in the country's prestigious institutions.
Singapore Visa Application Process
Step 1: Determine Your Visa Type
Identify the purpose of your visit - whether it's tourism, business, or education - and select the appropriate visa type.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
Collect essential documents such as your passport, visa application form, photographs, and any additional documents specific to your visa category.
Step 3: Complete the Application
Fill out the visa application form carefully, ensuring all information is accurate and matches your supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay the Visa Fee
Pay the visa application fee as per the instructions provided by the Singaporean authorities.
Without invitation Tk. 5,500/-
With Invitation Tk. 4,500/-
With Invitation: Tk. 4,500/-
Without invitation: Tk. 5,500
With invitation: Tk. 4,500/-
Step 5: Submit Your Application
Submit your visa application either through the official website or at the nearest Singaporean embassy or consulate.
Step 6: Attend an Interview
In some cases, you may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate.
Step 7: Wait for Processing
Be patient while your application is being processed. The time it takes may vary depending on the type of visa and other factors.
- Obokash Travels file processing time: 1-2 working days.
- Embassy processing time: 5-7 Working Days.
Step 8: Visa Approval
Once your visa is approved, you will receive a notification, and your e-Visa will be electronically linked to your passport.
Note : All kinds of visas are processed by the Consulate of the Republic of Singapore. Visa applicants shall submit relevant documents through some accredited agencies only.
Consulate of the Republic of Singapore
Ventura Avenue, 5th floor
8/B Gulshan Avenue,(Bir Uttam Mir Showkat Sharak)
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Tel: +880-2-222-280-404; Emergency Tel (after hours): +880-181-955-7146
Office Hours: Sun - Thurs; 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Tips for a Successful Visa Application
To increase your chances of a successful visa application, be truthful and provide all required documents. A well-prepared application reduces the risk of rejection.
- Apply in Advance
Submit your visa application well in advance of your planned travel date to allow for processing time.
- Complete Documentation
Ensure all required documents are complete and organized to expedite the application process.
- Be Honest
Provide truthful information in your application. Any discrepancies may lead to visa rejection.
- Interview Preparation
If an interview is required, prepare by reviewing your travel plans and visa application details.
- Stay Updated
Check for updates or changes in visa requirements on the official Singaporean government website.
Common Reasons for Visa Rejection
Understanding the common reasons for visa rejection, such as incomplete documents or insufficient funds, can help you avoid these pitfalls.
Extending Your Stay in Singapore
If you find yourself falling in love with Singapore and wish to extend your stay, explore the visa extension options available.
Overcoming Language Barriers
While English is one of the official languages in Singapore, locals often speak Singlish (Singaporean English). Familiarize yourself with common phrases and expressions to navigate the language barriers.
Requirements (Tourist & Business Visa):
- A valid passport that expires in no less than 06 months after the expiry of the intended date of departure (at least two unused/blank visa pages).
- Two recent color photographs (size 3.5 X 4.5 cm or passport size) on matt paper with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not be more than 03 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Vaccination certificate (minimum 2 doses) – if applicable
- NID Card (for adults) / Birth Certificate (for Children)
- Marriage Certificate or Divorce certificate copy (For family tour per religion). – If an applicant applies with family but his / her name is not mentioned in the spouse's passport or vice versa then a marriage certificate copy is mandatory.
- For Employee:NOC Letter, Office ID card, and Visiting Card.
- For Businessperson:Renewal Trade license and Business card.
- For Student:Student ID card.
- Original Bank Statement and Solvency certificate (Current 06 Months of transaction History).
- For Tourist visit: A letter of invitation from the holiday organization in Singapore. NRIC no and registration details must be described in the LOI. (obokash.com can arrange LOI from Singapore)
- For Business visit: A letter of invitation from the host organization in Singapore. Conference / Seminars registration details organization full address, phone no, email address, NRIC no, and registration details must be described in the letter.
- For Medical visit: A letter of invitation from the hospital in Singapore. Hospital name, full address, phone no, email address, hospital UEN no, doctor’s information such as name, designation, phone no, email address, types of treatments, treatment durations, NRIC no registration details must be described in the letter. (obokash.com can arrange Medical LOI from Singapore).
- Obokash Travels provides consultancy service only, doesn’t provide any guarantee for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the right to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- Need double vaccination certificate
- Need Arrival Card before departure SG arrival Card (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:How long does it take to process a Singapore visa for Bangladeshi travelers?
Ans:The processing time varies depending on the type of visa and other factors, but it's advisable to apply at least one to two months before your intended travel date to ensure a timely approval.
Q:What are the common reasons for visa rejection?
Ans:Common reasons include incomplete documentation, insufficient funds, and discrepancies in the application information.
Q:Can I extend my stay in Singapore as a tourist?
Ans:Yes, you can apply for a visa extension if you wish to prolong your stay in Singapore,but it's best to consult with the immigration authorities.
Q: Is travel insurance required?
A: While it's not mandatory, it's highly recommended to have travel insurance to cover unexpected situations.
Q: Can I visit Singapore for medical treatment?
A: Yes, you can visit Singapore for medical treatment, but you should apply for a medical visa.
Q: What is the maximum duration of a tourist visa?
A: Tourist visas typically allow stays of up to 30 days, but this can vary.
Q: Do I need a visa for a short layover in Singapore?
A: If you have a Bangladeshi passport, you may need a visa even for a short layover, so it's advisable to check with the Singaporean authorities.
Q:Are there any specific language challenges for Bangladeshi travelers in Singapore?
Ans:While English is widely spoken, understanding Singlish, a local variant of English, can be a bit challenging. It's helpful to familiarize yourself with common Singlish phrases.
Q:What are the top attractions in Singapore?
Ans:Some of the must-visit places in Singapore include Sentosa Island, Gardens by the Bay, and Universal Studios Singapore. Each offers a unique experience that you won't want to miss.
Obtaining a Singapore visa as a Bangladeshi traveler is your passport to discovering the magic of this vibrant nation. Planning a trip to Singapore as a Bangladeshi citizen involves understanding the Singapore visa requirements and the application process. With proper preparation and adherence to visa regulations, you can embark on a journey filled with unforgettable experiences. With this comprehensive guide, you're now well-prepared to navigate the visa application successfully. Remember to apply in advance, provide complete documentation, and stay informed about the latest updates. Enjoy your journey to the vibrant city-state of Singapore!So, pack your bags and get ready to embark on an exciting journey to Singapore.
Singapore, an island city-state off southern Malaysia, is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population. Its colonial core centers on the Padang, a cricket field since the 1830s and now flanked by grand buildings such as City Hall, with its 18 Corinthian columns. In Singapore's circa-1820 Chinatown stands the red-and-gold Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, said to house one of Buddha's teeth.
|Malay, Mandarin, Tamil, and English
|58.74 Bangladeshi Taka
|Saturday & Sunday
|5.535 million (2015)
|Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism, Christianity
|Singapore is situated near the equator and has a typically tropical climate, with abundant rainfall, high and uniform temperatures, and high humidity all year round. Many of its climate variables, such as temperature and relative humidity, do not show large month-to-month variation.
|Prime Minister / President / King
|Pulau Ubin, Pulau Ujong, Jurong East, Singapore, Woodlands, Bukit Batok, West Region, Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon
|Points of Interest
|Sentosa, Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore Flyer, Night Safari, Gardens by the Bay, Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo, Orchard Road, River Safari, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Botanic Gardens, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, Merlion Park, National Museum of Singapore, MacRitchie Reservoir, Tiger Sky Tower, The Battle Box, Sri Mariamman Temple, Fort Canning, Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, ArtScience Museum, Marine Life Park, Peranakan Museum, National Gallery Singapore, Fort Siloso, Science Centre Singapore, Singapore Philatelic Museum, Malay Heritage Centre, Singapore Discovery Centre, Wild Wild Wet, East Coast Park, The Maritime Experiential Museum, Lau Pa Sat, Suntec City, Labrador Nature Reserve, Battlestar Galactica, Istana, Marina Bay, Clarke Quay, VivoCity, Mount Faber, Asian Civilisations Museum, Marina Barrage, Wings Of Time, Helix Bridge, Haw Par Villa, HortPark, National Orchid Garden, Chinese Garden
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: If you apply single then you must keep minimum balance BDT 60,000 in your Bank account, on the other hand if you apply with your family then you must keep minimum balance BDT 1,20,000. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Yes. we can able to arrange invitation and it is mandatory to submit application for this country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
*Ques: Are marriage certificate or nikanama mandatory for Singapore visa?
Ans: No. Not mandatory but if you apply with your family and if your name is not mention in your spous's passport or vice versa then the above mentioned documents are mandatory.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.