Thailand Visa from Bangladesh
Thailand, with its stunning landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history, has become a sought-after destination for travelers from all over the world. Among these travelers are individuals from Bangladesh who are eager to explore the Land of Smiles. To embark on this adventure, one crucial aspect to consider is obtaining a Thailand visa. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of acquiring a Thailand visa from Bangladesh, ensuring you have a smooth and enjoyable visit.
Before we delve into the specifics, it's essential to understand the purpose of your visit. Thailand offers various types of visas, each tailored to the traveler's intent. Whether you plan to tour, conduct business, or pursue education in Thailand, there is a suitable visa for you.
2. Types of Thailand Visas
There are many types of visas available for Thailand, such as tourist, Business, Medical, etc. obokash.com provides consultancy support for Tourist, Business, and Medical visas.
2.1 Tourist Visa
The Tourist Visa, also known as the TR Visa.The Tourist Visa is perfect for those looking to explore Thailand's tourist hotspots. It allows you to stay for up to 60 days and can be extended once for an additional 30 days. To apply for a TR Visa, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Royal Thai Embassy in Dhaka.
- Download the visa application form.
- Fill out the form with accurate information.
- Prepare the necessary documents, including your passport, recent photographs, travel itinerary, and bank statements.
- Submit your application to the Royal Thai Embassy.
2.2 Business Visa (B Visa)
The Business Visa, or B Visa, is suitable for those heading to Thailand for business purposes.It is ideal for entrepreneurs, investors, or professionals attending meetings, seminars, or conferences. This visa permits you to conduct business activities within the country. To apply for a B Visa, you should:
- You'll need a letter of invitation from a registered company in Thailand or a government organization.
- Complete the visa application form.
- Gather the required documents, such as a business letter, financial statements, and a passport with at least six months of validity.
- Submit your application at the Royal Thai Embassy.
2.3 Student Visa (ED Visa)
The Student Visa, or ED Visa, is designed for those planning to pursue educational programs in Thailand.It is issued to those enrolled in accredited institutions. To apply for an ED Visa, follow these steps:
- You'll need an acceptance letter from a recognized educational institution in Thailand.
- Fill out the visa application form.
- Prepare the required documents, including proof of financial support, transcripts, and a valid passport to secure this visa.
- Submit your application to the Royal Thai Embassy.
3. Requirements for a Thailand Visa
3.1 General Requirements
Irrespective of the type of visa, there are some general requirements to keep in mind. These include a valid passport, visa application form, a recent passport-sized photograph, and evidence of adequate financial means for your stay.
3.2 Specific Visa Requirements
Each visa type may have additional requirements. It's crucial to check the Thai embassy's website or contact them directly to ensure you have all the necessary documents in order.
4. Applying for a Thailand Visa
All kinds of visas are processed by the Thai Embassy. Visa applicants shall submit relevant documents themselves or any authorized person or through some accredited agencies. we have an authorized agent of the Thailand visa application center.
4.1 The Application Process
To apply for a Thailand visa, visit the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in person to submit your application. Ensure you have all the required documents, as well as a copy of your travel itinerary. The visa processing times can vary, so it's advisable to apply well in advance.
Royal Thai Embassy, Dhaka:
Address: Park Road, Baridhara K Block, Dhaka 1212.
Tel: (8802)88127956, 88132601.
Website: Royal Thai Embassy Dhaka
The Embassy of Thailand in Dhaka has appointed VFS Global and Saymon Group as outsourced partners to facilitate applications.
Thailand Visa Application Centre ( VFS Global) :
Borak Mehnur 51/B, 8th Floor, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.
Helpline: +88 09606 777222 (From 08:30 – 16:30)
(+88) 09666 911385(for mobile users only) (From 08:30 – 16:30)
Website: Thai VFS Global
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Centralized)
Thailand Visa Application Center (Saimon Center) :
House# 4A, Road# 22, Gulshan 1, 1 Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka, 1212.
Helpline: +88 02222298080, 09606556655
Website: Thai Saimon Center
Working Hours: 08:30 - 16:00 (Sunday to Thursday)
Application Submission: 08:30 - 11:00 (Sunday to Thursday)
(Diplomatic and Official passport holders can submit applications from 08.30-16.00)
Passport Delivery (For all applicants): 09.00 – 16:00
4.2Visa Extension and Overstay
If you wish to extend your stay in Thailand, it's possible to do so by visiting the Thai Immigration Office. Be cautious not to overstay your visa, as this can lead to fines and deportation.
Thailand Visa Application Tips
Make your application process smoother with these insights:
- Plan Ahead:
Start your visa application process well in advance of your intended travel date. This ensures you have enough time to gather all the necessary documents and meet any additional requirements.
- Plan Your Itinerary:
A well-thought-out itinerary can boost your chances of approval.
- Accuracy is Key:
Ensure all information provided in your visa application is accurate and matches your supporting documents.
- Financial Stability:
Maintain a healthy balance in your bank account to demonstrate your financial stability. This is particularly crucial for tourist and student visas.
- Follow Guidelines:
Carefully follow the guidelines and instructions provided by the Royal Thai Embassy for a smooth application process.Don't hesitate to follow up on your application's status if it's taking longer than expected.
- Dress Appropriately:
Dress smartly for your interview. First impressions matter.
- Be Honest:
Provide truthful information in your application. False information can lead to rejection.
- Professional Help:
If you're uncertain about the application process, consider seeking assistance from reputable travel agencies or visa consultants.
Requirements (Tourist & Business):
- A valid passport for traveling to Thailand with sufficient remaining validity (Not less than six months).
- Two recent color photographs (size 3.5 X 4.5 cm) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not be more than 03 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Marriage certificate or Divorce certificate copy (as per religion) if Spouse’s name does not show in Passport.
- Trade license (renewal) required for proprietorship, Business Agreement/Deed copy for partnership and Memorandum of the article, Certificate of incorporation, Form XI for limited company.
- 2 Business cards.
- 2 Company PAD.
- NOC, Employee ID Card copy,
- Pay Slip (last 3 months) / Salary Certificates.
- If Salary statement is available, then Pay slip/Salary certificates are not required.
- BMDC certificate or Letter from the hospital if the applicant is a doctor.
- Bar Council Certificate or Letter from a law firm if the applicant is a lawyer.
- GO and Note verbal (for official passport holders), 02 Visiting card.
- Valid Student ID copy mentioned full address, telephone number.
- Original school leave letter / Permission of absence If school trips then the purpose, the duration, and the destination must be mentioned in the letter of the school.
For Retired Person:
- Retirement documents.
- Copy of recent certificate of referral or a Letter (preferably original) from a local doctor/hospital (in official pad with contact number, sign & date), where the patient is being treated which states the patient’s condition; (for first-time travelers)
- In case if the patient receives treatment in a foreign hospital, proof of previous medical treatment in a foreign hospital is required; (for first-time travelers)
- Recent case summary of medical reports of the patient issued by the hospital; (for first-time travelers)
- Copy of an appointment letter from a hospital in Thailand mentioning the appointment/admission date & accompanying person name(s).
- If the applicant is a housemaid/attendant, a sponsorship letter & personal bank statement with a solvency certificate is required.
- Bank statement & Solvency certificate (original) with bank seal and signature of last 06 months for both company and personal. The balance should have a minimum of 60,000 BDT for single applicants and 120,000 BDT for families.
Overseas Documents (for a Business visit only):
- A letter of invitation from the host organization in Thailand. Moreover, conference registration details must be described in the letter.
- A letter from your employer stating the reasons for your visit, contact details of the business parties involved, and your employment contract.
- Air Ticket Booking: Return airline ticket booking with Passenger Registration Number or Reservation Number.
Visa Fee with service charge:
3 months Single Entry 5,500 BDT
6 months Multiple Entry 19,000 BDT
3 months Single Entry 5,000 BDT
6 months Multiple Entry 7,500 BDT
3 months Single Entry 9,000 BDT
1 years Multiple Entry 19,000 BDT
3 years Multiple Entry 37,000 BDT
(Notary and translation charges are additional – if needed).
- Tourist: 10-15 working days (For first-time applicants / depending on the embassy)
7-10 days (For the second time applicant / depending on the embassy)
- Business: 10-12 working days. (Depends on embassy)
- Obokash Travels provides consultancy services only and doesn’t provide any guarantee for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the right to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I apply for a Thailand visa online?
Ans: No, visa applications must be submitted in person at the Thai embassy or consulate.
Q: How long does it take to process a Thailand visa?
Ans: Processing times vary, but it's recommended to apply well in advance, at least 4-6 weeks before your planned travel date.
Q:How long can I stay on a tourist visa?
Ans:Tourist visas typically allow stays of up to 60 days, with the possibility of an extension within Thailand.
Q:What is the validity of a business visa?
Ans:Business visas are generally valid for 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on your application.
Q: Can I work in Thailand with a tourist visa?
Ans: No, a tourist visa is strictly for leisure purposes.
Q: Can I apply for a visa on arrival in Thailand?
Ans: Thailand offers visa on arrival to citizens of certain countries. Check if you're eligible before traveling.
Q: Can I extend my tourist visa in Thailand?
Ans: Yes, a tourist visa can be extended once for an additional 30 days.
Q:What's the process for a visa extension?
Ans:Visa extensions can be done at the nearest Immigration Office in Thailand.
Q:Do I need travel insurance for my trip?
Ans:While it's not mandatory, having travel insurance is advisable to cover unexpected events during your journey.
Q:Is it possible to convert a tourist visa into a long-term visa in Thailand?
Ans:In some cases, you can convert a tourist visa into a different type of visa while in Thailand. However, it's essential to check with the local authorities.
Obtaining a Thailand visa from Bangladesh is a relatively straightforward process when you know the requirements and have all your documents in order. Whether you're visiting for tourism, business, or education, Thailand's diverse offerings are sure to leave you with unforgettable memories.Understanding the visa application process and meeting the requirements is essential. y following the guidelines and tips outlined in this comprehensive guide, you'll increase your chances of a successful visa application and ensure a hassle-free visit to Thailand. So, start planning your trip, remember to stay organized, be honest, and plan your adventure to create unforgettable memories in Thailand. Safe travels!
Ensure your journey begins smoothly by obtaining the right visa, and you'll be ready to immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of this remarkable country. For further assistance and to initiate your visa application, visit -https://www.obokash.com/contact-us
Thailand is a Southeast Asian country. It's known for tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate temples displaying figures of Buddha. In Bangkok, the capital, an ultramodern cityscape rises next to quiet canalside communities and the iconic temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho and the Emerald Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Kaew). Nearby beach resorts include bustling Pattaya and fashionable Hua Hin.
|Local Time||:||GMT +7|
|Exchange Rate||:||2.38 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday & Sunday|
|Population||:||67.96 million (2015)|
|Climate||:||Thailand's climate is tropical with a mean annual temperature of 82°F and high humidity. There are three distinct seasons – the hot season from March to May, the cool season from November to February and the rainy season from about June to October.|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Prayut Chan-o-cha|
|Destinations||:||Bangkok, Ko Samui, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Hua Hin District, Phuket City, Mekong, Khao Sok National Park|
|Points of Interest||:||Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun, Phi Phi Islands, Khao Yai National Park, Ko Pha Ngan, Jim Thompson House, Golden Buddha, Wat Saket, Wat Chedi Luang, Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden, Khaosan Road, Sanctuary of Truth, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Rong Khun, Sukhothai Historical Park, Wat Chaiwatthanaram, Lumphini Park, Walking Street, Patong, Tiger Cave Temple, Similan Islands, Yaowarat Road, CentralWorld, Railay Beach, Wat Benchamabophit, Doi Inthanon National Park, Terminal 21, Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall, Ko Samet, Jomtien Beach, Karon Beach, Wat Phra Singh, Khao Kheow Open Zoo, Sriracha Tiger Zoo, MBK Center, Erawan National Park, Khao Sok National Park, Khao Lak, Ko Lipe, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Ko Lan, Khao Phing Kan, Ko Phi Phi Le, Ayutthaya Historical Park, Dream World, Ao Phang Nga National Park, Ancient Siam, Ko Lanta Yai, Doi Inthanon.|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit India before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: If you apply single then you must keep minimum balance BDT 60,000 in your Bank account, on the other hand if you apply with your family then you must keep minimum balance BDT 1,20,000. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
*Ques: Are marriage certificate or nikanama mandatory for Thailand visa?
Ans: No. Not mandatory but if you apply with your family and if your name is not mention in your spous's passport or vice versa then the above mentioned documents are mandatory.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.