Italy Visa from Bangladesh: A Comprehensive Guide
If you're a Bangladeshi citizen planning to visit Italy, it's essential to understand the visa application process thoroughly. Obtaining an Italy visa from Bangladesh can be a complex and daunting task, but with the right information and guidance, you can make the process smoother and increase your chances of approval. In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through every aspect of applying for an Italy visa from Bangladesh.
Understanding Italy Visa Types
There are many types of visas are available for Italy - such as- Tourist, Business, Transit, Work, Residence, Student etc. Obokash Travels provides consultancy support for Tourist & Business visas.
Before diving into the application process, it's crucial to know the various types of visas available for Bangladeshis traveling to Italy. The most common categories include:
1. Tourist Visa/Schengen Visa
A tourist visa is suitable for individuals planning a leisure trip to Italy. This visa allows you to explore the country's rich history, culture, and natural beauty. It is usually valid for a short duration, typically up to 90 days.
2. Business Visa
If your visit to Italy is for business-related purposes, such as attending meetings, conferences, or negotiating deals, a business visa is the right choice. This visa type requires specific documentation to support your travel objectives.
3. Student Visa
Students aspiring to pursue higher education in Italy must apply for a student visa. This type of visa requires proof of acceptance from an Italian educational institution and financial resources to support your studies.
4. Family Reunion Visa
For those looking to join family members already residing in Italy, a family reunion visa is the appropriate choice. It's crucial to provide evidence of your relationship with the Italian resident when applying for this visa.
Preparing for Your Italy Visa Application
The key to a successful Italy visa application from Bangladesh lies in thorough preparation. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Determine the Right Visa Type
Choosing the correct visa type is the first step. Review the purpose of your trip and select the visa category that aligns with your travel intentions.Visit the official website of the Italian Embassy in Dhaka to learn about the different visa categories and their requirements.
2. Gather Required Documents
Each visa type has specific document requirements, but in general, you will need:
- A completed visa application form.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Valid passport with at least six months of validity.
- Travel itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Travel insurance.
- Proof of financial means.
3. Make an Appointment
The next step is to schedule an appointment at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh. Appointments are usually made through their official website.
The Embassy of Italy:
Road no. 74/79, Plot no. 2/3, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212
Italy Visa and Legalization Application Centre:
Borak Mehnur 51/B, 8th Floor, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.
Telephone: (+88) 09606 777666, and (+88) 09666 911384 (for mobile users)
Helpline Timing: Sunday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:00 (Except Holidays)
Application Submission: 09.00-12.00 Sunday- Thursday
Legalization Submission: 14.00-15.00 Sunday- Thursday
Passport Delivery: 12.00-13.00 Sunday- Thursday
Legalization Delivery: 15.00-16.00 Sunday- Thursday
Helpline: 09.00-17.00 Sunday- Thursday
Official Translation Agency of Embassy of Dhaka for Documents Legalization
Founder & Project Manager
Dott.sa Donatella Cesca " Nawer Sagufta"
136, Link Road, Middle Badda (near the over bridge), Apt. A1, 2nd floor, Dhaka-1212
The Translation Centre:
House:63/4 (1st floor), Progoti Sharani, North Badda ( by Ibn Sina Hospital), Dhaka-1212
Note: All kinds of visas of Italy are processed by The Embassy of Italy. But The Embassy of Italy in Dhaka has appointed VFS Global as an outsourced partner to facilate applications. Applications are to be submitted on line appointment basis (effect 25-Aug-2022) from and applicant need to be present in person during visa application submission.
4. Attend the Visa Interview
During your appointment, you'll be required to attend a visa interview. Be prepared to answer questions related to your trip, including the purpose of your visit, accommodation arrangements, and financial stability.
5. Pay the Visa Fee
Visa applications often come with a non-refundable fee.The fee varies depending on the type of visa you're applying for. Make sure to pay the required fee at the designated payment center or bank.
- Embassy visa fee including VFS fee
- For Adult Tk. 9,500.
- For 6-12 years Tk. 4,700
- For 0-6 years Tk. 3,120
- Obokash Travels service charge Tk. 5,000 (Notary and translation charges are additional- if needed).
6: Visa Processing
After the interview, your application will go through a processing period.The processing time for an Italy visa can vary depending on the type of visa and the volume of applications. It's advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays.
- Tourist visa: Up to 30 Calendar days. (File processing + Embassy).
- Business visa: Up to 30 Calendar days. (File processing + Embassy).
- Obokash Travels file processing time: 3-4 working days.
7: Visa Approval
Once your application is approved, you will receive your visa stamped in your passport and you can collect your visa from the Embassy.Ensure that all the information on the visa sticker is accurate before you travel.
Tips for a Successful Visa Interview
The visa interview is a critical step in the application process. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Dress Professionally:
Dress formally and professionally for the interview.
- Be Honest and Clear:
Answer all questions honestly and clearly. Providing false information can lead to visa rejection.
- Bring Supporting Documents:
Carry all necessary documents and supporting evidence to prove the purpose of your visit.
- Communicate Clearly:
If you don't speak Italian, ensure you have a translator with you or communicate in English.
Required Documents (Tourist & Business):
- Duly filled Application form and signed by the applicant (if the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by both parents or its legal guardian)
- Current passport (minimum validity for 03 months until the planned date of return and a minimum of two blank pages and unmarked visa pages) with all old passports. If the immediate previous passport is lost then a G.D (English) copy for that passport is required.
- Two recent color photographs (size 3.5 X 4.0 cm) with a white background but no cap and no sunglasses. Please note: the photo should not more than 06 months old and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / National ID card copy.
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificate copy (as per religion). A death certificate copy requires for widows.
- For Non-Bangladeshi applicants: Bangladeshi Residence Permit valid at least 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States.
- Visa request letter: Letter from applicant name, designation, Passport Number, purpose, and outlining who will be responsible for the full costs of the trip – travel, accommodation, expenses, etc. Addressed to – The Visa Officer
- In case of minors:
- Consent of either parents or custodian if both parents are not traveling together
- Photocopy of passport of parents or legal guardian
- Proof of financial means of parents or legal guardian
- Original birth certificate of the minor issued by the relevant authority
- The status of “legal guardian” must be proven by documents issued by the relevant Bangladeshi Courts for minors
- For Business Person: Trade license (renewal) require for proprietorship, business agreement/deed copy for partnership and memorandum of the article, certificate of incorporation, form 12 for limited company; VAT, IRC, LC copy, Membership certificate (If any), 2 pcs business card.
- For Employee: Original no objection certificate / NOC letter (mentioning in English on official company paper with stamp, signature, and date, introducing the business person and mentioning: address, telephone, and fax numbers of the employing company; the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer; the name of the applicant, position, salary, and years of service; approval for leave; confirmation of position after return); pay slip / original salary statement; for official passport holders government order copy, original note verbal copy & 2 pcs visiting card.
- Company cover letter (for a business visit): Letter from the employer in English on official company paper with seal, signature, and date, introducing the business person and mentioning: address, telephone, and fax numbers of the employing company; the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer; the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service; approval for absence; confirmation of position after return; the person or entity who will bear travel and living costs during the visit.
- For Retired Person: Retirement documents
- For Student: Student ID copy, original school leave letter/ permission of absence mentioned full address, telephone number, name, and function of the person granting permission. If school trips then the purpose, the duration, and the destination must be mentioned in the letter of the school.
- Bank statement & solvency certificate (original with bank seal and signature) of last 06 months for both company & personal. If the applicant does not have sufficient own financial means a bank fidejussion (Fidejussione Bancaria) issued by a bank in Italy is necessary.
- Other financial documents such as FDR, Saving certificate, credit card statements, share statement (If available).
- Income tax certificate copy (last 3 years), E-TIN certificate copy.
- Valuation of other assets such as land, building, flat, etc. (If any).
- Air Ticket Booking copy: Return airline ticket booking with Passenger Registration Number or Reservation Number
- Hotel Booking Copy: Hotel Confirmation or any other documents proving accommodation for the whole period of stay in the Schengen Member States
- Travel itinerary
- Travel Health Insurance (for up to 30,000 Euros)
- For Tourist Purpose: Invitation letter (click here to see the VFS web format), Proof of family/ties with the inviting person, copy of ID of inviting person, and copy of residence permit if a foreigner.
- For Business Visit:
- Invitation letters must be written on official company paper with stamp and signature, and mentioning clearly: the full address and contacts of the company, the name and position (as indicated in the Companies’ Registry “Visura camera”, see the following point) of the countersigning officer, the purpose and duration of the visit, the detailed program, the person or the entity who will bear applicant's travel and living costs, and whether the sponsor gives financial guaranty for the applicant's return to Bangladesh. According to Italian law, the countersigning officer must provide a copy of his/her ID or Passport page where his/her signature appears. Only invitation letters respecting the format in the respective section of VFS are accepted (click here to see the VFS web format).
- Inviting companies shall also anticipate a scanned copy of the invitation letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org from their official mail account.
- Inviting Company’s Registration (Visura Camera): The Company’s Registration (“Visura Camera”) must be issued by the relevant Chamber of Commerce and may not be older than 6 months.
- Proof of recent business contacts: Evidence of recent and current transactions abroad (e.g. bill of ladings, receipts, contracts, letter of credit)
- If participating in commercial fairs: Proof of attendance through either letter of invitation from the organizer of the event or payment of the registration fee and program of the event
- Obokash Travels only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for the visa.
- File processing for the visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements, and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than the above-mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- The finger must be free of “MEHEDI or any other color” when facing biometrics at the embassy / Application center.
- Applicants have to bring all original documents at the time of interview to the embassy / Application center.
Frequently asked questions :
Q: Can I apply for an Italy visa online from Bangladesh?
Ans: Yes, you can start the application process online. However, an in-person interview at the Italian Embassy is mandatory.
Q: How long does it take to process an Italy visa?
Ans: The processing time can vary, but it's advisable to apply at least 2-3 months before your intended travel date.
Q: Is travel insurance mandatory for an Italy visa?
Ans: Yes, travel insurance that covers medical expenses and repatriation is a mandatory requirement.
Q: Can I extend my Italy visa?
Ans: Extensions are possible, but they must be requested well in advance and for valid reasons, such as a medical emergency or force majeure.
Q: What should I do if my Italy visa application is rejected?
Ans: If your application is rejected, you can reapply, but make sure to rectify the reasons for the initial rejection.
Q: Is it possible to apply for an Italy visa through a travel agency?
Ans: Yes, you can choose to apply through a travel agency, but it's essential to ensure they are reputable and reliable.
Obtaining an Italy visa from Bangladesh is a detailed process that requires careful planning and attention to detail. By following the correct procedure, gathering the necessary documents, and preparing for the visa interview, you can increase your chances of securing a visa to visit this beautiful European destination. To initiate your Italian tourist visa application and explore the wonders of Italy, visit https://www.obokash.com/contact-us. Your journey awaits!
Call : +88 01996-319999, +88 01945-111444, +880-9696-311444
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s "David" and Brunelleschi's Duomo; Venice, the city of canals; and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital.
|Exchange Rate||:||90.05 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday and Sunday|
|Population||:||60.8 million (2015) World Bank|
|Religion||:||83.3% Christianity 12.4% No religion 3.7% Islam 0.2% Buddhism 0.1% Hinduism 0.3% Other religion|
|Climate||:||the climate of Italy is highly diverse. In most of the inland northern and central regions, the climate ranges from humid subtropical to humid continental and oceanic. In particular, the climate of the Po valley geographical region is mostly continental, with harsh winters and hot summer|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Paolo Gentiloni|
|Points of Interest||:||Colosseum,Amalfi Coast,Leaning Tower of Pisa,Alps,Trevi Fountain,Roman Forum,Vatican Museums|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.
* Ques: Are Embassy visa fee and service charge refundable?
Ans: No. Both are non- refundable.